Claims for medical negligence in Telford
Although it is something that we would rather avoid, undergoing medical treatment is something that we all must face at one stage in our lives and when that day comes it is important to know that we are in safe hands. In the UK we are fortunate enough to have one of the most advanced healthcare systems throughout Europe and as such we receive the highest standards of treatment, but sadly this is not always the case and you could end up falling victim to medical negligence. Because we put so much faith in doctors and surgeons, it can become even more of a traumatic experience when their actions put your health at risk, but you needn’t have to suffer the consequences in silence and making a claim for compensation could be your best option.
Where might medical negligence occur in Telford?
Medical negligence is a very serious occurrence and if you are unfortunate enough to have this happen to you then you could be entitled to make a claim for compensation. Some common examples of where you could look to make a claim include:
· Claims if you become infected as a result of unhygienic equipment
· Claims if you have been prescribed the incorrect medication
· Claims if you develop further symptoms
· Claims against surgical mistakes made during the preparation process
· Failure to diagnose an illness or serious injury.
Who may be at fault in this situation?
In general, when it comes to making a claim for compensation as a result of medical negligence, then it is expected that you would place a claim against a medical professional whose actions have resulted in your quarrel. This could include a number of people, whether it is your local GP, a dentist or dental assistant, or even a psychologist, because if you feel that they have not followed procedure or have acted in a way that has put your health at risk, then you could look to claim. It is important however, that when it comes to making a successful claim that you are able to prove their part in your injuries, otherwise you will find that your chances of success in court won’t be very successful.
What situations could I look to claim?
· Loss of earnings– medical negligence could result in you being forced off work for a certain period of time, meaning you could miss out on an income, so making a claim for compensation could help you to recoup any losses that you may have experienced
· Pain and suffering – you could look to seek compensation if you have been the victim of medical negligence if it has caused pain and suffering on your part, while the funds could help get you back on your feet with a claim
· Medical fees – medical fees can be quite expensive to deal with, but if you have suffered from medical negligence then you could look to recoup any losses with a claim