Claims for medical negligence in Weymouth
When you undergo a medical procedure you like to think you are receiving the highest-standard of treatment available to you, but sadly this isn’t always the case. It is important to remember that doctors are there to help us and 99% of the time they can be relied upon to perform the most difficult procedures. Unfortunately, mistakes do happen and as a result you could become the victim of medical negligence, leaving you in a serious condition and out of pocket financially.
If you believe you have been affected by medical negligence, then you could be entitled to make a compensation claim to recuperate any losses you have incurred through medical fees. Although medical negligence is rare in Weymouth, it doesn’t mean it won’t happen, so it’s always useful to be prepared in situation as traumatic as this. If you are unsure of what steps to take then it’s always worth having the help of an expert on board to help you throughout this process, as they could help to ensure that you receive what you are entitled to.
Where could I look to make a claim for medical negligence in Weymouth?
If you believe you have been the victim of medical negligence in Weymouth, then you could be entitled to make a claim. Some common examples include:
· Surgical mistakes made during an operation
· Claims against a surgeon or surgical assistant
· Claims against a physiotherapist
· Claims for misdiagnosis or failure to provide diagnosis
· Claims for failure to treat an injury
Who might be at fault in this situation?
In general, compensation claims for medical negligence will usually be against a medical professional who may have been negligent towards you, which could range from a dentist to a nurse. Medical negligence is rare, but it doesn’t mean you should have to suffer when it does happen, which is why a compensation claim could help you.
In which situation could a claim be made?
· Medical expenses– if you are unable to pay medical fees which have been a result of medical negligence, then you could look to make a compensation claim to pay the difference
· Loss of income – you could look to make a claim for any loss of income you have sustained as a result of negligent medical treatment
· Pain and trauma– medical negligence can be a traumatic experience and as a result you could make a compensation claim to ease your pain