Compensation for medical negligence in Cardiff
Medical negligence is often the last thing that you are thinking about – and if you do find yourself in a position where you are the victim of medical negligence then chances are it could have a major impact on your life. Although the majority of health care professionals are fully qualified and exceptional at what they do, unfortunately this is not always the situation and as a result there is always the potential for problems to arise.
If you find that you have been the victim of a medical negligence in Cardiff then you could potentially look to make a compensation claim to recoup any financial damages that you have sustained as a result of this.
In Cardiff, what situations could lead to a compensation claim?
Compensation claims can be made in a number of different situations in Cardiff and some common examples of these include:
· Claims for errors made during a surgical procedure
· Claims against a negligent medical professional
· Claims for a failure to accurately diagnose an injury/illness
· Claims for a mis-diagnosis of an injury/illness
· Claims for a failure to adequately treat an injury.
Who could a direct claim be made against?
In general you could look to claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you and this will generally involve a number of healthcare professionals who may have been negligent towards you – and you may have been left dealing with injuries as a result. Doctors, nurses, healthcare professionals and anyone else who has been responsible for your injuries could be the target of your claim.
What are some common types of compensation that I could claim for?
· Medical expenses – if you have required medical treatment as a result of this negligence then you could look to make a compensation claim to cover any potential costs that you have incurred as a result
· Loss of earnings – if you have suffering from a loss of earnings as a result of your injuries then you could look to make a compensation claim to cover any potential costs that you have incurred
· Trauma and suffering – if you have dealt with pain and suffering after your injuries, you could look to make a compensation claim.