Compensation for medical negligence in Clifton
If you are feeling ill or unwell, the first port of call that you will usually make is a trip to your local GP or doctor to put you straight back on the road to recovery – and in most cases this will work effectively to ensure that you are back to health in no time. Although in most situations this is a great way to treat any problems that you do have, it also has the potential for problems to arise and you may find that you are the victim of medical negligence if you don’t receive the appropriate treatment here.
Can I make a compensation claim for accidents which occur in Clifton?
If you are the victim of an accident which occurs in Clifton then you may consider making a compensation claim. Some examples of where you may consider making this claim include:
· Claims for errors which are made during treatment
· Claims for a failure to adequately record patient data
· Claims for mis-diagnosis or a missed diagnosis
· Claims for errors during anaesthetic
· Claims for mistakes made by a specialist.
Who could have been negligent towards me in this situation?
If you do find yourself in a situation where you have been the victim of medical negligence then you could look to claim directly against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you. This could include a healthcare practitioner if you feel that they have failed during their treatment of you, or alternately a specialist if you feel that they have failed to adequately scan and treat your injuries after referral.
What compensation could I look to make a claim for?
· Hospital fees – it’s not always easy when you need medical treatment and you end up with a huge bill at the end of it. Medical fees are not cheap and accordingly you could look to make a claim to cover these costs
· Income loss – you may suffer from a loss of income if you are unable to work as a result of your injuries and in this situation you may look to make a claim for compensation to cover costs
· Trauma – you may feel that you go through a great deal of trauma as a result of your injury and you could claim back any costs that you believe this has brought you.