Compensation for medical negligence in Durham
Medical negligence is not a common occurrence, but when it does happen it has the potential to have a very serious impact on your life and it can leave you suffering for many years still to come. Dealing with medical negligence is never an easy process, and it can be incredibly costly if the appropriate precautions aren’t taken. If you do find yourself suffering in this situation then you could look to make a claim.
Although the majority of professionals are incredibly highly trained and work hard to ensure that we get great medical treatment at all times, unfortunately this is not always the case, and as a result you could be left needing a claim for medical negligence that you have sustained in Durham.
Where in Durham might I be the victim of negligence?
If you are the victim of medical negligence in Durham there are a number of situations where you could look to make a claim and these include:
· Claims for mistakes made during tests and scans
· Claims for errors made during a diagnosis
· Claims for a missed diagnosis or mis-diagnosis
· Claims for mistakes made during a surgical procedure
· Claims for errors sustained during a rehabilitation process.
Who could have been negligent towards me if I am left with injuries in Durham?
In general compensation claims in the medical sector will usually be against a medical professional or healthcare professional who may have shown negligence towards you. You shouldn’t have to suffer in silence if you have been the victim of a person whose care you were in and accordingly you may consider a compensation claim.
What might I look to make a compensation claim for?
· Income/earnings loss – if you have suffered from a loss of income as a result of your accident then you could consider a compensation claim
· Pain and trauma – dealing with pain and trauma is never easy and you shouldn’t have to deal with this by yourself if you do find yourself in this situation
· Medical bills and costs – if you have been left with extensive medical bills and costs then you could consider a claim for compensation.