Compensation for medical negligence in Higher Walton
Generally if you are feeling unwell or ill a trip to your local GP or doctor will be in order to put you straight back on the path to recovery and in most situations they do a great job of doing this quite easily. Unfortunately, this is not always the case and sometimes you may find that your health condition in fact worsens as the result of an instance of medical negligence. If this happens to you while you are in Higher Walton, then you could look to make a claim for compensation.
In which situations might I look at making a compensation claim?
In general you can look to make a compensation claim in any situation where you may feel that you have been the victim of negligence. Some common examples here include:
· Claims for errors during surgical procedures
· Claims for errors during rehabilitation
· Claims for negligence by medical centre staff members
· Claims for errors made during physiotherapy
· Claims for errors made during dental surgery.
Who might be at fault for my injury?
There are a number of people who you could find at fault if you are left with injuries of this type and this includes your healthcare professional if you feel that they have been negligent throughout your treatment, or alternately a specialist or dental health practitioner if you feel that they are the main cause of your injuries. If you feel that your injury has been caused by an administration error then you could look to claim against a member of hospital staff.
Are there different types of compensation that I can claim for?
· Medical expenses – you could look to claim for any medical bills and expenses that you incur throughout your stay
· Trauma and suffering – you may be left dealing with pain and suffering after any type of accident and if you do find yourself in this situation then a compensation claim could be made
· Income loss – if you are left out of work then you could be eligible to make a claim for compensation to cover costs that you have incurred at this time