Compensation for medical negligence in Longton
Dealing with medical negligence is never easy – in fact, dealing with a medical injury or illness is bad enough, without the potential for this situation to worsen from negligence or careless work on the part of your medical professional. Although in the majority of situations our healthcare professionals are highly trained and experienced professionals who go a long way to ensuring that we are quickly put on our way back to health, this isn’t always the case and sometimes mistakes can be made.
If you have recently suffered from medical negligence through the fault of another person in Longton, you could look to make a claim for compensation to cover any costs that you have incurred as a result of the accident.
Are there situations in Longton where a compensation claim could be made?
In general you could look to make a compensation claim in any situation where you feel that you have been the victim of negligence. Some common examples of where you might consider this include:
· Claims for errors during dental treatment
· Claims for errors during physiotherapy
· Claims for errors during diagnosis
· Claims for a failure to adequately examine a patient
· Claims for a mis-diagnosis or missed diagnosis.
Who could have been responsible for this type of negligence?
If you have been the victim of medical negligence in Longton then there are a number of people who you could consider claiming against, but you will most likely look to claim against your doctor or GP if you feel that they have failed to deal with any medical injuries that you may have. You could also look to claim against any medical centre staff or associated healthcare professionals who may have been negligent towards you.
What types of compensation might I look to make a claim for?
· Hospital expenses – if you have been left out of pocket as a result of hospital costs that you have incurred then you could consider a compensation claim to cover these and any associated costs that you have
· Income loss – an inability to work can leave you significantly out of pocket. If you find yourself in this situation then you could look to make a claim for compensation
· Pain and suffering – if you suffer substantially as a result of your accident, you may look to make a compensation claim to cover your costs.