Compensation for medical negligence in Lydiate
If you have recently been for medical treatment and you have ended up the victim of medical negligence then chances are that you could be going through a pretty tough time. It’s never easy when you are dealing with any type of injury or illness, and the last thing that you need is for that to be made worse by errors made by a negligent healthcare professional.
Although medical negligence cases are not common in Lydiate, they do still happen, and if you find that you have been the victim of negligence in this situation, then you could look to make a claim for compensation to cover any potential costs that you have incurred as a result.
Where could you make a claim for compensation?
Compensation claims can be made in a whole host of situations where you feel that you have been the victim of negligence. Some common examples of these include:
· Claims for errors made during a surgical procedure
· Claims for a failure to adequately diagnose an injury
· Claims for a failure to adequately treat an injury
· Claims for carelessness or poor training
· Claims for errors made during rehabilitation.
Who could you look to claim against?
In general you may look to claim against anyone who you feel has been negligent towards you throughout your treatment and in the case of medical negligence this claim will normally be made against your medical practitioner. In many cases your GP, doctor or surgeon may have failed in their duty of care towards you and as such you could consider a claim for compensation.
What types of compensation can you claim for?
· Pain and suffering – dealing with a level of pain and suffering is never easy and if you do find yourself in this situation then you could look to make a claim for compensation
· Medical costs and bills – if you have been left with medical expenses and additional costs you could find yourself left out of pocket and as such with the need to make a compensation claim
· Income loss – if you have sustained a loss of income as a result of your negligence, you could look to make a claim for compensation to cover your costs here.