Compensation for medical negligence in Plymouth
Although it’s not something that we deal with on a regular basis, medical negligence is unfortunately something that you may have to deal with from time to time, and when this does happen it can start to have a very major impact on your life.
Whether you are left out of work after a situation of medical negligence or you are simply left with long-term injuries which have a major impact on you, you shouldn’t have to suffer through an accident that was no fault of your own, if you do find yourself in this situation then you could look to make a compensation claim to cover any potential costs that you have incurred as a result.
If I’m in Plymouth, where might I look to make a compensation claim?
There are a number of situations in Plymouth where you might consider making a compensation claim and these include:
· Claims for errors made during a surgical procedure
· Claims for mistakes made during a diagnosis
· Claims for a failure to perform adequate tests
· Claims for mistakes made during rehabilitation
· Claims for errors made by a physiotherapist.
Who might I consider making a direct claim against?
You could consider making a direct claim against anyone who you feel might be negligent towards you and this could include a medical professional or even an assistant if you feel that they have been careless towards you during your medical treatment. If you feel that better precautions could have been taken, or treatment given, then you could look to make a claim for compensation.
What types of compensation could I consider claiming for?
· Income loss – if you are suffering from a loss of income as a result of your injuries then you could look to make a claim for compensation to cover any potential costs that you have incurred as a result
· Pain and suffering – if you have been through suffering and pain as a result of your accident then you could consider a compensation claim to recoup any damages you have sustained
· Hospital fees – hospital fees can be incredibly expensive, and if you find that you have been left with expensive hospital costs, you could look to make a compensation claim to cover these.